SSL announce Release of new ‘X-Panda’ at Messe 2011
FRANKFURT — Solid State Logic, the world’s leading manufacturer of professional digital and analogue consoles, announce the release of X-Panda, a versatile new 24 channel compact SuperAnalogue™ mixer at Music Messe 2011. SSL are located in Hall 5.1, Stand B.75.
X-Panda provides 8 mono channels (each with Main and Alt inputs giving 16 mono inputs) and 4 stereo channels, giving a total of 24 channels at mix down. All channels feature an input Level Trim with a centre détente at Unity Gain, tri-colour signal indicator LEDs, Phase Invert, an Insert and a Direct Channel Output (which can be switched post fader). Each channel has a Stereo Cue section with dedicated Level and Pan controls. When tracking this is traditionally used to create a monitor feed to the Stereo Cue Buss Output but on mono channels Alt buttons flip the Stereo Cue section controls to adjusting the Alt input Level & Pan for mix down. Each channel features independent FX1 and FX2 send level controls (globally switched Pre/Post fader). Self illuminated heavy duty Solo and Cut buttons, Pan/Balance controls and precision 100mm faders complete the channel strip.
X-Panda features a stereo Mix Buss, Stereo Cue Buss and Solo Buss. When linked to an X-Desk using the ‘X-Desk Link’ connection, the X-Panda Mix Buss and Stereo Cue Buss feed into the respective Busses on the X-Desk. The Solo systems are also linked so that Soloing any channel mutes all other channels on all Linked units. Similarly when an X-Panda is Linked to an X-Desk with a Master Module fitted the Mix, Cue and Solo Busses are also Linked. It is possible to cascade up to 8 X-Desk and X-Panda units using the ‘X-Desk Link’ system, enabling very high channel count systems to be configured.
When used as a standalone product the X-Panda main Mix Buss and FX Busses are set to sum at unity gain enabling it to act as a summing mixer without the need for Master Level controls.
• Highly versatile compact analogue mixer with SSL SuperAnalogue™ benchmark
• 24 Ch Expander for X-Desk or any other analogue mixer
• Adds long throw 100mm faders and 24 Ch Inputs to an X-Rack summing
• Stand alone 24 input summing mixer
• 8 mono fader channels with main and Alt inputs giving 16 mono inputs
• 4 stereo fader channels with Stereo Inserts and Stereo Direct Outputs
• Stereo Cue, and FX1 & FX2 mono Aux send controls
• Heavy duty self illuminated Solo/cut Switches
• Compact desktop design with removable 19” rack ears
• Rear panel connections via DB25 D-Sub